Applications for studio space in GoggleWorks are now being accepted from artists who are serious about pursuing their art in the professional setting of a community facility. Studios are intended to be for working artists and although artists may display and sell work from their studios, the primary function of the studio is to create art. Studios at GoggleWorks will be awarded to artists as selected by the GoggleWorks Exhibition Committee.
GoggleWorks is looking for artists who:
• demonstrate a commitment to their career through an existing body of work
• have achieved a high degree of creative ability & technical facility, display obvious talent, and have nurtured an individual vision
• are creating original art- the artwork must be the artist’s original concept and produced by the artist.
• show proven ability in their chosen medium through some combination of the following:
• participation in juried shows
• professional experience
• in the case of emerging artists, references from teachers or mentors
Studio sizes begin at 150 sq./ft. Rent includes heat, electricity, air conditioning, and parking. Artists are responsible for their own phones and any other communication/computer connections. The building has a security system, loading dock and freight elevators. An additional charge will be imposed for utility use beyond average usage and/or the installation of special equipment in a studio (e.g. electricity for kiln, special exhaust system). All studios have natural light as well as fluorescent shop lights with day lighting bulbs. Artists are responsible for any special additional lighting. Because the studio rental fee is subsidized, it is the responsibility of each studio artist to contribute to the GoggleWorks Center for the Arts in the following ways:
• 6 hours per month of volunteer time for and/or at GoggleWorks
• Attend artist meetings and Special Events
• Use of studio for producing artwork and having studio open to the public at least 20 hours per week during GoggleWorks' open hours of operation
• Sign and comply with GoggleWorks' house rules and commission policy
Additional conditions for artists renting studios at GoggleWorks include:
• Studio space is to be left in same condition upon departure from GoggleWorks as upon arrival.
• A security deposit of one month’s rent or $200 (whichever is greater) in addition to the first month’s rent is due upon signature of the lease.
• Rent is due on the 1st of the month. Rent paid after the 10th of the month will incur a 10% penalty fee.
• Failure to pay rent will result in eviction from the studio.
• Commencing with their initial lease, each studio artist will be offered a one year lease.
• Artists are expected to work in their studios on a consistent and ongoing basis. Non-use of studio space is cause for eviction or non-renewal of lease.
GoggleWorks is open to the public Daily 9:00 am to 9:00 pm.
Artists have access to the GoggleWorks' facility 7 days a week, 24 hours per day.
To apply for an artist studio at the GoggleWorks:
[ ] Complete this “Artist Application” form online
[ ] Submit in the online application 10-15 pieces of representative work with summary page of title, medium, size and date of execution. For 3D work, please submit 3 images of each piece. Please number images to coincide with summary page.
[ ] Submit an artist’s statement or reason for making art (one page or less)
[ ] Submit a record of artistic and work history
[ ] Submit any additional support materials you believe are relevant (i.e. reviews, recommendations, etc.)