GoggleWorks Center for the Arts is proud to announce a call for entries for its annual cup exhibition featuring drinking vessels from all over the country. This is an open call for functional vessels. This exhibition’s mission is to celebrate the diversity and intimacy of the cup while providing the opportunity for visitors to become owners of handmade ceramics. Proceeds from the exhibition will benefit each individual artist along with helping to sustain GoggleWorks’ community programs. This year, The Cup... Sip and Gulp. will be juried by ceramic artist, Cory Brown.
- Open to all ceramic artists 18 years and older residing in the U.S.A.
- All work must be primarily ceramic. Mixed media work will be accepted only if ceramic materials are the primary media. Only functional drinking vessels will be accepted. The juror will make final determinations.
- All submissions must be for sale. GoggleWorks will conduct all sales through their gallery and will retain 40% commission on all sales. All proceeds will benefit each individual artist along with helping to sustain GoggleWorks' community programs.
- Work must have been produced within the last two years.
- Selections will be made from images of works. No substitutions will be allowed.
- Artists may submit up to three entries with two images (including one detail) of each, not to exceed six images.
- Image files for submission should be 300dpi minimum and smaller than 15mb
- Each submission must include artist's name, title, year completed, type of clay, firing method, size (h x w x d), weight (lbs.), and retail price
Insurance and Sales
GoggleWorks Center for the Arts agrees to hold safe the work(s) of art and agrees, if unsold upon completion of the consignment period, to return the work(s) of art in the same condition as received. GoggleWorks is responsible for safekeeping while in possession of work(s), if any damage or loss, GoggleWorks agrees to compensate retail price minus commission. GoggleWorks Center for the Arts will conduct all sales through The Store. A 40% commission on sales will be taken.
Image Submission Guidelines
Please be prepared to submit the following when applying online:
- Name, Title, Year completed, Type of clay and firing method, Size (inches) H x W x D, Weight (lbs.), Retail Price
- Artist must be ready to upload professional quality JPG images
- The resolution of images should be 150DPI minimum; 300DPI maximum. Images need to be smaller than 15MB.
$20 for up to three entries (two images - including one detail - per entry max.).
Submission Deadline: December 13th
Acceptance Notifications: starting Monday, January 9th
Delivery of Work to GoggleWorks: by Wednesday, January 29th
Exhibition on View: Friday, February 7th- Wednesday, March 25th
Opening Reception: Friday, February 7th
Return of Unsold Work: starting Monday, March 30th
Artists are responsible for shipping their work to GoggleWorks and insuring it while in transit. Works may also be hand-delivered. Shipped works must be in reusable containers and packaging for re-packing and return shipping. Artists must provide return shipping label included with the work for return of unsold works.
Accepted work and contracts should be shipped/mailed to:
GoggleWorks Center for the Arts
The Cup... Sip, Slurp, and Gulp
201 Washington Street
Reading PA 19604
Photography and Permissions
Accepted artists agree to allow GoggleWorks to photograph work while on display for educational and publicity purposes.
Images of accepted entries will be retained for GoggleWorks archives and may be reproduced and posted on its website and in printed materials. It is understood that works in the exhibition may be photographed, telecast, and reproduced for press and publicity purposes including but not limited to reproduction in newspapers, periodicals, magazines, in television programs and on the internet in connection with the exhibition and GoggleWorks Center for the Arts.
More about Ceramics at GoggleWorks