Arts Festival Reading Holiday Market, presented by GoggleWorks Center for the Arts, welcomes thousands of visitors to explore our historic, post-industrial campus and immerse themselves in the arts. The two-day event also features live music and performances on the Sly Fox Stage, locally-sourced food and craft beverages by Belly: Kitchen & Drinkery, and much more.
New this year, GoggleWorks is adding a Holiday Market, welcoming nonprofits to share their cause for end of the year donors and for profits as vendors, spreading the holiday cheer.
GoggleWorks Center for the Arts
201 Washington Street
Reading, PA 19601
Dates & Time:
December 14 & 15, 2019, 10am - 5pm
Admission: $10 per person; 12 and under free
Set Up: December 13, 2019 - specific scheduled time will be given closer to the date. Complete set up by 9p
Breakdown: December 15, 2019 - breakdown begins at end of show (5pm) and must be completed by 9pm. Free onsite vehicle parking, use of loading dock, freight elevator if needed. Carts available on a first come, first served basis.
- 10x10 Booth for Sales, Promo, or Information
- Parking (1 vehicle onsite)
- Listing in printed program & event map
- Booth signage & nametags
- Promotional event graphics, posts, and hashtags you can use on your website, Instagram, and/or Facebook page
Criteria / Guidelines:
- By applying you fully understand and agree to abide by the rules and regulations of Arts Festival Reading and Holiday Market. You agree that GoggleWorks reserves the right to approve or deny any application as they deem appropriate. You hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless GoggleWorks and its agents from and against all claims, losses, liabilities, and expenses including attorney’s fees and court costs arising from any circumstances occurring during the event. Please make a copy of this application and vendor guidelines, for your records.
- You agree to have proper insurance covering this event (when applicable). GoggleWorks is not responsible for any damages or suits resulting from items sold, vendor’s personal property or actions of vendors participating in this event.
- If you are selling goods, you are required by the City of Reading to obtain a Business Privilege License ($15.00) if you do not already have one for 2019. All vendors must register but only those who sell merchandise or service at the festival must pay for a license. We are required by the City of Reading to submit a listing of all participants to the tax bureau prior to the event to verify proper licensure of all vendors. Click here to access the form to apply to the City of Reading.
Due upon submission:
10x10 booth space: $10 for nonprofits; $75 for companies
City Permit: $15 (if selling)
Electric Fee: $25 (if needed)
Professional Paneling: $75 (if needed)
Waitlist: Waitlisted applicants will be held until December 2, unless notified. Once accepted and processed, waitlisted applicants’ fees are non-refundable.
Booth Location Requests: Booth placement is at the discretion of the festival and will be arranged well ahead of time. No booth requests will be accepted. Placement is determined by craft or art medium, pricing, and demonstrations to ensure an excellent guest experience, not on a first come / first serve basis.
About GoggleWorks Center for the Arts:
A prime example of adaptive reuse in architecture, GoggleWorks derives its name from the original structure from which it evolved—the Willson Goggle Factory, which opened in 1871 as the first factory in the U.S. to manufacture optical lenses. After a year-long renovation, and with generous support from the community and state government, the abandoned factory was transformed. One of the largest comprehensive arts centers in the country opened its doors in 2005. Today, GoggleWorks supports aspiring, emerging, and established artists through year-round arts education; including artist studios, workshops, classes, visiting artists, residencies, studio access, and exhibitions. Additionally, GoggleWorks offers a robust schedule of community programs and special events; including Arts Festival Reading, Spring Iron Pour, monthly Spotlight Nights, and our After School Arts Program. The campus is open daily from 9am-9pm. Admission and parking are always free. Visit our website here.